1. Since you were not allowed to go anywhere, you didn’t need a curfew!
2. No boyfriends if you are a girl unless you want to end up married to him!
3. No talking back to your parents. Go ahead and try to assert your rights, and you will end up with a palm imprint on your face!
4. Girls, you are the cook, babysitter, and maid in the house and no you didn’t get paid for it either!
5. Girls, no dressing like a hoochie or acting like one. Go ahead and be called a eheekill by the community!
6. You are a reflection of your parents so when you do something bad, people will say they didn’t raise you right.
7. You were taught from an early age that you have to support your parents when you they get older. Don’t even think about putting them in an old folk’s home!
8. Your parents hit you in public when you do something annoying or wrong. Standing next to a cop will not stop them from whacking you on the head.
9. Show respect to your elders at all times even the ones who don’t deserve it!
10. Always listen to your parents because they know what’s best for you. Even if they give you advice you have not intention of following, just nod your head and smile unless you want a 10 hour lecture on respect!