Diego is also half-Lao, half-Mexican. He is Kylei’s older brother. He is 14 years old. It is great to see another young person who is already thinking about the future.
1. What grade are you in?
I am in the 9th grade.
2. What is the hardest part of being a student?
The hardest part of being a student is focusing on grades and friends.
3. How do you stay motivated in school?
I stay motivated by my grades. If I see my grades dropping it motivates me to do better.
4. Do you think kids your age value education?
I do not think they value education. I think they value more on popularity and money.
5. What is your favorite subject? Why?
Math is my favorite subject because everyday is something new. It’s never the same problems.
6. What is your hardest class? Why?
My hardest class is Civics because I have a hard time focusing because it confuses me between American History and American laws.
7. Are you involve in any extracurricular activities? ( sports, band, clubs etc)
I am in the SADD club.
8. What do you want to do when you grow up?
I am still deciding on whether to be a doctor or a lawyer.
9. Who do you think is a good role model?
I think a teacher is a good role model because they teach the same thing over and over all day and they still stick to it.
10. What do you think is a big misconception adults have about kids your age?
The biggest misconception is that we are too focus on friends and not grades.
11. Can you describe one show you watch or a movie you have seen where the depiction of kids your age in school is the most realistic?
I’m sorry I can’t think of one. I don’t watch tv that often.