Kylei is half Lao-half Mexican. She is only 12 years old and in the seventh grade, but this young lady already is ahead of the game. From what her mom has told me, she is a very good student who has a good head on her shoulder.
1. What grade are you in?
I’m in the 7th grade.
2. What is the hardest part of being a student?
The hardest part of being a student is paying attention in class because my classmates distract me in class.
3. How do you stay motivated in school?
I get motivated in school because I think about my future and want the best.
4. Do you think kids your age value education?
I do not think kids my age value education because they think that their present tense doesn’t affect their future.
5. What is your favorite subject? Why?
My favorite subject in school in Math because it is problem solving and fun to do and challenges me.
6. What is your hardest class ?Why?
The hardest class for me is Social Studies because it’s very boring and I can’t focus.
7. Are you involve in any extracurricular activities? (sports, band, clubs etc)
Yes, I am in band and play the flute. I enjoy it very much, it actually helps me in my other subjects. Music stimulates my brain.
8. What do you want to do when you grow up?
I want to be a vet because I love animals and want to help them any way possible.
9. Who do you think is a good role model?
I think my mom is a good role model because she succeeds in everything she puts her mind to do.
10. What do you think is a big misconception adults have about kids your age?
Adults think that kids aren’t responsible enough to take care of themselves. Even when you’re 16 they still think you’re 10.
11. Can you describe one show you watch or a movie you have seen where the depiction of kids your age in school is the most realistic?
The show that comes to mind is Secret life of an American Teenager because in real life people pressure